Mistakes Tennis Players Need to Correct
Sometimes tennis players, both amateur and professional make certain mistakes on and off court, which should be observed and corrected as soon as possible.
1. It is more important to focus on the process of playing and not only the results. The winning part is certainly important, but sometimes tennis players become so desperate in their pursuit. Focus on each individual point will lead them much easier to their final goal.
2. In a similar way, players need to have in mind their long term development, and not just particular short term wins.
3. Tennis players tend to think they are unbeatable. And as soon as they acknowledge that everyone makes mistakes and that everyone is human, they will be free. The key is in confidence, and not underestimating your opponent.
4. They sometimes neglect opponent´s bad line calls, and do not ask for a line judge. Some points may be much more important than it seems at first.
5. Trying to please everyone else never helped anyone. Therefore, tennis players should do what they think is the best for them and their tennis, make their own calls, and subsequently, work on mistakes their calls caused, and nobody else´s.
6. Avoiding to train with the players better than them is one of mistakes. Learning about their successful moves is better through first-hand experience.
7. However, finding a good tennis coach is also an important feature. Coach should be chosen because of his skills and not some recommendations, convenience or proximity issues. Spending a little extra time to find a great tennis coach can bring better results.
8. Some tennis players do not care about their serves. However, they should be priority and need much more practice. This will bring better results.
9. Tennis players occasionally do not improve from the beginning. Neglecting your technical flaws or sticking with the weak volleys can be reasons for defeat. Know your mistakes and fix them as soon as possible.
10. Sometimes, tennis players engage in tournaments in the period during which they are changing their techniques. This can be a great setback, because at some point you might go back to your previous technique, instead of playing with a new technique that you are still not comfortable with.
11. Waiting for everything to be served on a silver platter is extremely wrong. Figuring things out yourself brings inner satisfaction and may be better for you and your game.
12. From time to time tennis players experience a certain gift – an opportunity that they must take advantage of. It is important to jump on it, since some of them may be very rare or worse, never occur again. So don´t be scared to give your best against top-ranked player or use an opportunity given on a great tournament.